Suffering serious long-term health conditions would be a very difficult experience for both you and your family. It would be made even more difficult if you are your family’s income earner.
- Provides important coverage if you are diagnosed with impairment or surgery on your key System and Organ Functions, including the three most common critical conditions in Cambodia: Major Cancer, Heart Attack, and Stroke.
- A low cost, affordable plan that pays you a cash lump sum.
- Can be used to replace your income whilst you are unable to work.
- Period of coverage is the same as your savings plan.
Fortune Life will pay 50% of the cash benefit (Sum Assured) to you or your family if you are diagnosed with early-stage impairment or surgery on System and Organ Function and another 50% of the cash benefit (Sum Assured) if you are diagnosed with late-stage impairment or surgery on System and Organ Function.
In case of late-stage impairment or surgery on your system and organ function and none of the early-stage benefit has been made, Fortune Life will pay 100% of the cash benefit (Sum Assured) to you or your family.
The impairment and surgery on key System and Organ Functions include the following categories:
How the plan works
Mr Dara buys a ForLife Family Plan from Fortune Life. He is concerned about not being able to generate an income if he becomes seriously ill, so attaches a Critical Illness Protect+ plan with $20,000 sum assured to his savings plan.
- After purchasing the Critical Illness Protect+, Mr. Dara is diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer, and Fortune Life pays the early stage benefit of $10,000.
- After being treated for sometime, Mr. Dara’s condition unfortunately develops to Late Stage Cancer, and thus Fortune Life would pay another late stage benefit of $10,000.
- Without being diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer earlier, Mr. Dara has diagnosed with Late Stage Cancer, and thus Fortune Life would pay the late stage benefit of $20,000.
Because everyone has the right to choose the option which benefits them the most
Enjoy peace of mind using a second medical opinion service from a world-class doctor, which is free of charge.
- PGH Service is a second medical opinion service from world class doctors. No one chooses to be diagnosed with a severe illness, but everyone can choose the best treatment available to them free of charge for when the day arrives.
- What is the service we are providing?
Partnering with PGH, a leading medical network service, CI+ introduces the program, PGH Service, a world-class Medical Second Opinion Service that connects you to medical professionals from Harvard. The service will allow you to have a medical diagnosis of diseases from those elite doctors.
Call us or fill out the information and follow the simple steps. A Personal Care Manager will contact you to help you access the service and provide you with support to understand your options.
Our Unique Services
- Diagnosis and treatment plans
- Diagnosis discussion between your doctor and an expert specialist doctor
- Assign a Care Manager to take care of you
When is the effective date after purchasing the insurance?
PGH Service’s world-class Medical Second Opinion Service may be used for any new diagnosis of Cancer or heart disease after purchase of the CI+ insurance policy.
How to subscribe to the PGH Service?
Just purchase Fortune Life’s Critical Illness Protect+ and you are all set to receive an access to a professional team of doctors.
Simple steps to use the service
- After receiving the medical diagnosis of cancer or other serious illness included in your insurance policy, you will be entitled to the Medical Second Opinion Service.
- Please e-mail or call our Customer Service Center or complete the service request form.
- PGH staff will call or email you to request all the documents needed to access our service. Then your case will be assigned to a Personal Care Manager.
- Start a Diagnostic and Treatment Plan with an expert specialist doctor (Medical Second Opinion Service).
- A discussion takes place between your doctor and the expert specialist doctor concerning the proper course of treatment.
Full terms and conditions of the PGH Service can be found here: Version 1, Version 2, Version 3, Version 4, Version 5, Version 6, Version 7, Version 8, and Version 9.
Medical misdiagnosis is the most common medical error and can lead to death or serious health complications.
What is medical misdiagnosis?
It is defined as an incorrect, incomplete, or delayed diagnosis and some estimates suggest it is responsible for more deaths each year than breast cancer.
How does misdiagnosis occur?
- Test results not being fully understood
- Gaps in test results
- Incorrect testing of symptoms
- Not collecting all the relevant information from the patient
- Failure to recognize symptoms
What are the dangers of misdiagnosis?
- It can be life threatening for a patient if treatment of an illness is delayed, not treated or treatment is provided for the wrong disease.
- Having the right diagnosis is critical to ensure the best treatment and reduce the possibility of complications and poor medical outcomes.
- For critical illnesses like cancer, this is even more important. There are over 100 types of cancer and it can be a very complicated disease.
- Successful cancer treatment should involve medical knowledge from multiple specialties including oncology, surgery, radiology, and pathology.
What are the warning signs of misdiagnosis?
- You are not getting better with treatment. Treatments don’t always work for all patients, but this can also be a sign that the original diagnosis was wrong. Sometimes doctors continue a treatment even when it isn’t working.
- The symptoms do not match your diagnosis. If your symptoms last longer than your doctor expected, then you may have the wrong diagnosis.
- The diagnosis is based solely on a lab test. Laboratories can make mistakes and testing can be interpreted differently by different doctors.
- Your concerns or symptoms are not taken seriously. Some cancers are easily missed when symptoms are not properly investigated.
- Diagnosis usually requires a test that you haven’t been given If you have a diagnosis without the use of a test that is well known to detect that particular disease – such as a colonoscopy for prostate cancer – then you should ask for this test.
How can I avoid misdiagnosis of my condition?
- Engage a team of expert doctors
- The best way to avoid the risk of misdiagnosis is to ensure that your diagnosis is reviewed by a team of expert doctors with different specialties in cancer.
- The “multidisciplinary team” work together to understand the case, share medical opinions, develop the best treatment plan, and implement care.
- This method is widely recognized as the most effective way to deliver the complex care needed by cancer patients, customize treatment plans and follow a holistic and personalised approach.
Be informed and involved in the decision making
Patients who are involved and informed about their own care have better results and higher satisfaction.
Some people are uncomfortable or scared by medical terms and prefer to let doctors make decisions. Fortunately, there are several forms of patient support available.
A Personal Care Manager can help patients understand complicated medical words, consider different options for treatment and make informed decisions.
If you are worried about your diagnosis, it is always best to ask your doctor questions and it is very important to seek an additional opinion.
Knowledge is power and getting the right diagnosis from the start can help avoid complications, lengthy treatment, or poor results.
PGH is an independent global patient organisation and a valued partner and service provider to Fortune Life Insurance for PGH Service’s expert Medical Second Opinion Service.
PGH Service is included free of charge with eligible Critical Illness Protect+ that offer coverage up to $200,000 sum assured for 10 critical disease groups.
Because everyone has the right to choose the option which benefits them the most.